WINFAP 4 includes the following key enhancements:
- FEH statistical procedures emphasise the best use of local data to estimate flood frequency, enabling you to:
- include QMED adjustments from multiple donor catchments, including de-urbanised catchments, and identify the optimal number of donors for your site
- use flow regime statistics to estimate QMED from gauging stations previously considered unsuitable for flood estimation and use information on channel geomorphology to estimate QMED
- apply enhanced single-site procedures to urbanised catchments
- use information from historical flood events to extend a single-site analysis to improve at-site flood frequency estimates
- include local knowledge on impervious extents to refine local adjustments for the effects of urbanisation.
- Three easy-to-use modelling dashboards now keep all your modelling decisions, data analysis and results in one location.
- If you are an infrequent user, you’ll value the default estimates based on good-practice rules for best use of local data.
- If you’re an experienced hydrologist, the default estimates will give you a flexible framework to build on.