We recognise that working arrangements have changed and that users may work in the office some days and from home on other days. ReFH2 is licensed for use on a single PC (see ReFH2 Licensing), but we enable you to run ReFH2 both locally on the office PC and from one home PC logging into the same office PC. This will be limited to one home PC logging into the same office PC per licence. No other colleagues logging into the same office PC remotely will be able to use ReFH2.
Please ensure you run the activation on the local machine. If completed by your IT department connecting from a remote PC, your PC will be blocked. For remote access from a home PC it is critical that you follow the instructions below.
Use of ReFH2 on a Virtual Machine is not supported.
Remote access to office-based PC
You will need to follow these steps. Step 1 requires Windows local administrator privileges; if you do not have these ask your IT department to grant you them or perform step 1 for you.
- Remote access requires a clean installation of ReFH2:
- Uninstall ReFH2 on your office PC using the Windows ‘Add or Remove Programs’ tool.
- Reinstall ReFH2 on your office PC from here: ReFH2 Download.
- Activate ReFH2 twice (in either order):
- On your working-from-home PC connect to your office PC remotely and activate ReFH2 by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step logging in remotely from your home PC. If completed by your IT department or other colleague connecting from a different remote PC your home PC will be blocked.
- When in your office activate ReFH2 by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step locally on your office PC. If completed by your IT department connecting from a remote PC, your PC will be blocked.