What’s New in WINFAP 5?
WINFAP updates are free for the duration of your subscription, and we have issued WINFAP 5 serial numbers to all current users to enable you to install alongside WINFAP 4. The WINFAP 5 serial numbers have been issued to the email address used to purchase your current WINFAP 4 licence, so please check with your IT, accounts or admin teams who normally send you a serial number if you’ve not received it directly.
Method developments included in WINFAP 5:
- Incorporation of the BFIHOST19 descriptor in QMED estimation (see Griffin et al 2019 Hydrology Research 50:6).
- Implementation of the Small Catchment pooling group procedure and QMED donor adjustment (see Stewart et al 2019 Environment Agency SC090031).
- Addition of the Kappa 3 distribution for growth curve fitting (see Kjeldsen et al 2017 Hydrological Science Journal 62:9).
- Updated application of urbanisation and deurbanisation adjustment procedures. This includes:
- Pooling group L-moments can be deurbanised. This allows the estimation of the ‘rural’ growth curve using ‘as rural’ L-moments in the pooling group.
- L-moments from at-site data can be deurbanised, if required, prior to use in the Enhanced Single Site method to estimate the ‘rural’ growth curve.
- Rural QMED for gauged sites is, by default, estimated by deurbanising at-site observed data.
- User settings for deurbanisation of data for QMED and the Growth Curve are now independent of one another.
Usability enhancements included in WINFAP 5:
- User guide migrated to an online resource where it can be easily updated to incorporate user feedback and industry developments.
- Support for new NRFA Peak Flow catchment descriptor files, which include FEH13 rainfall for future use in ReFH2.
- Ability to make project-level alterations to the Peak Flow stations without compromising the integrity of the NRFA published dataset.
- Customised station data can be imported and exported for sharing and re-use across projects.
- Improved project file format encapsulates the entire state of a project, including custom station data, allowing projects to be distributed and co-authored with confidence.
- A comprehensive project report lists ESS/Pooled Estimation Analysis key results, parameters and modelling decisions, which can be imported directly into MS Word or pdf.
- Improved copy and paste for graphs and tables.