We recognise that working arrangements have changed and that users may work in the office some days and from home on other days. WINFAP is licenced for use on a single PC (see WINFAP Licensing), but we enable you to run WINFAP both locally on the office PC and from one home PC logging into the same office PC. This is limited to one home PC logging into the same office PC per licence to support hybrid working. No other colleagues logging into the same office PC remotely will be able to use WINFAP.
Please ensure you run the activation on the local machine. If completed by your IT department connecting from a remote PC, your PC will be blocked. For remote access from a home PC it is critical that you follow the instructions below to prevent corrupting the licence.
Use of WINFAP on a Virtual Machine is not supported.
Remote access to office-based PC
You will need to follow these steps. Step 1 requires Windows local administrator privileges; if you do not have these ask your IT department to grant you them or perform step 1 for you.
- Remote access requires a clean installation of WINFAP, therefore;
- Uninstall WINFAP on your office PC using the Windows ‘Add or Remove Programs’ tool.
- Reinstall WINFAP on your office PC from here: WINFAP Download.
- Activate WINFAP twice (in either order):
- On your working-from-home PC connect to your office PC remotely and activate WINFAP by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step logging in remotely from your home PC. If completed by your IT department or other colleague connecting from a different remote PC your home PC will be blocked.
- When in your office activate WINFAP by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step locally on your office PC. If completed by your IT department connecting from a remote PC, your PC will be blocked.