Many of our users have been required to work from home during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) lockdown. To support our users, we provided the following options to enable continued use of our software while working from home during this unprecedented COVID-19 situation:
- Temporary installation on home-based PC; or
- Temporary remote access to office-based PC.
As lockdown eases our users are moving back to the office. This FAQ provides details on what to do when you return to the office.
If you had a temporary installation on a home-based PC
If you were provided with a temporary serial number to install on your home-based PC and you return to the office before it expires, then your original serial number should still be active on your office-based PC and you just need to uninstall from your home-based PC. By using WINFAP4 on your office-based PC you are confirming that WINFAP4 is no longer being used on your home-based PC.
If your licence expired during lockdown and you purchased a renewal for use on your home-based PC, we can update your serial number to enable you to activate WINFAP4 on your office-based PC. Please contact our support team with your current serial number, confirming that WINFAP4 is no longer being used on your home-based PC.
Remote access to office-based PC
We recognise that working arrangements are changing and that users may work in the office some days and from home on other days. WINFAP4 is licenced for use on a single PC (see WINFAP4 Licensing), therefore we can provide a new serial number to enable you to run WINFAP4 both locally on the office PC and from one home PC logging into the same office PC. This will be limited to one home PC logging into the same office PC per licence. No other colleagues logging into the same office PC remotely will be able to use WINFAP4 .
Please contact our support team with your current serial number confirming that you require remote access licence assistance.
Once you have a temporary serial number, you will need to follow these steps. Step 1 requires Windows local administrator privileges; if you do not have these ask your IT department to grant you them or perform step 1 for you.
- Remote access requires a clean installation of WINFAP4 , therefore;
- Uninstall WINFAP4 on your office PC using the Windows ‘Add or Remove Programs’ tool.
- Reinstall WINFAP4 on your office PC from here: WINFAP4 Download.
- Activate WINFAP4 twice (in either order):
- When in your office activate WINFAP4 by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step locally on your office PC. If completed by your IT department connecting from a remote PC, your PC will be blocked.
- On your working-from-home PC connect to your office PC remotely and activate WINFAP4 by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step logging in remotely from your home PC. If completed by your IT department or other colleague connecting from a different remote PC your home PC will be blocked.