Many of our users have been required to work from home during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) lockdown and continue to do so. To support our users, we provided the following options to enable continued use of our software while working from home:
Install locally on a home-based PC
Install and locally activate on your home-based PC. Please follow the instructions provided in the software product activation licence email you will have received when purchasing your licence.
As lockdown eases users are moving back to the office and may need to move their licence to another PC. Please contact our support team with your current serial number, confirming that WINFAP is no longer being used on your home-based PC.
Remote access to office-based PC
We recognise that working arrangements are changing and that users may work in the office some days and from home on other days. WINFAP is licenced for use on a single PC (see WINFAP Licensing), but we enable you to run WINFAP both locally on the office PC and from one home PC logging into the same office PC. This will be limited to one home PC logging into the same office PC per licence. No other colleagues logging into the same office PC remotely will be able to use WINFAP.
You will need to follow these steps. Step 1 requires Windows local administrator privileges; if you do not have these ask your IT department to grant you them or perform step 1 for you.
- Remote access requires a clean installation of WINFAP, therefore;
- Uninstall WINFAP on your office PC using the Windows ‘Add or Remove Programs’ tool.
- Reinstall WINFAP on your office PC from here: WINFAP Download.
- https://www.hydrosolutions.co.uk/software/winfap-4/winfap4_download/Activate WINFAP twice (in either order):
- On your working-from-home PC connect to your office PC remotely and activate WINFAP by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step logging in remotely from your home PC. If completed by your IT department or other colleague connecting from a different remote PC your home PC will be blocked.
- When in your office activate WINFAP by entering the serial number. It is crucial that you complete this step locally on your office PC. If completed by your IT department connecting from a remote PC, your PC will be blocked.